Clam and Goat Cheese Ravioli Apr 3, 2016 3:37:47 GMT
Post by Admin on Apr 3, 2016 3:37:47 GMT
OREGON’S CLAM AND GOAT CHEESE RAVIOLI
Click on the image to enlarge the view
The soft bodies from a limit or multiple limits of purple varnish, softshell or butter clams combined with ricotta or goat cheese ravioli and smothered with a lemon/garlic crème sauce sprinkled with nutmeg will challenge your family’s taste buds and the desire for more served as shown or with the traditional tomato ravioli saude .
Ingredients for ravioli pasta:
1 cup of flour.
Preparation of the ravioli pasta:
Mix the eggs with the flour forming a dough ball. Knead the dough between the palm of your hand and the hard smooth nonporous surface of a bread board in an elliptical motion until the dough is smooth and elastic in about 10 to 15 minutes. The ravioli dough is ready when the dough springs back in response to being poked with the tip of your finger. Cut the dough in half and form each half into a smooth round ball. Sprinkle with flour and wrap in plastic Saran Wrap and let rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
Once the dough has rested, set up the pasta maker and set the thickness control on the widest setting. Form the dough into a shape that the pasta maker will accept to produce the thin flat sheet of pasta used to make stuffed clam and cheese ravioli. Insert the dough into the intake slot of the pasta maker and turn the hand crank to move the dough through the pasta maker and into your hand positioned on the discharge side of the pasta roller. Set the thickness control to the next narrowest setting. Fold the rolled pasta into thirds lengthwise and crank the folded pasta through the pasta machine. Position your free hand under the discharge side of the pasta maker to guide the past through the pasta machine. Set the thickness control to the next narrowest setting. Fold the pasta lengthwise in half and crank it through the pasta machine. Continue to decrease the setting of the thickness control for each pass of the pasta through the pasta machine until the pasta passes through the narrowest setting on the pasta machine. After the sheet of pasta is complete cut it into two pieces. The pasta is ready for filling.
Ingredients for the ravioli filling and sauce:
1 pound fresh ricotta or a small package of goat cheese
1 whole nutmeg
4 peeled cloves of garlic. More cloves if you love garlic.
1 brick of Parmigiano-Reggiano.
2 tablespoon of flour.
1 quart of half and half.
2 tablespoon of salted butter.
Salt and white pepper or pepper mill for black pepper.
Preparation to make the ravioli:
1. Drain the ricotta cheese by twisting it in cheese cloth and set aside in a bowl until needed.
2. Dust the bread board with flour.
3. Lay one half of the pasta onto the hard flat surface of the smooth nonporous surface of a bread board.
4. Place a dollop of cheese onto the sheet of ravioli pasta for each of the raviolis you wish to make. Push a body segment of 1 or 2 clams down into the middle of the dollop of cheese for each of the raviolis.
5. Lay the other half of the pasta over the half of pasta containing the cheese and clams.
6. Gently push on the pasta covering the cheese and clam ravioli forcing out the air. Push the pasta together sealing the ravioli.
7. Use the tip of a knife to cut the ravioli free from the pasta.
8. Bring the water or clam stock in a 4 quart pot to a boil; cook the ravioli for 3 minutes. Remove from the pot and drain.
Preparation to make the lemon/garlic sauce:
1. Melt the two tablespoon of butter over a low heat in a frying pan.
2. Crush the 4 cloves of garlic into the fry pan stirring continuously until translucent. Then add 2 tablespoons of flour whisking continuously until the flour thickens and melts into the flour. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
3. Slowly add the quart of half and half whisking until the mixture thickens resulting with a mixture that is smooth and creamy.
4. Add the lemon juice and lemon zest to the creamy sauce whisking continuously until the mixture again thickens.
Plate the ravioli with asparagus and baked potato. Cover the ravioli with the crème sauce and serve with your favorite wine